In South Elgin, church services were first held in the early 1890s in a room over a store in the village. The cornerstone for the first church was laid Sept. 12, 1892 in the 200 block of Spring Street, just west of Route 31.
In 1942, the church celebrated its Golden Jubilee.
However, the original church burnt to the ground in 1949. The very next day, a rebuilding campaign began.
New lots just west of the old location, at 400 W. Spring, became the location of the new church.
May 6, 1951, the first service was held in the new church sanctuary.
Today, the church has an active membership, with lots of support for the community and an open invitation to all to join us.
Pastor Jan Comerford has been the minister here for the past five years. Pastor Jan is particularly led to minister to youth and young people, although her door is open to everyone. Contact her through the Contact Page.
What we believe